Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sonora, Texas


Bev and I are on our way.  It has been a long day of driving and after a quick lunch early in Houston we headed for San Antonio.  Our first stop was the Alamo .... Remember the Alamo!  We then had a glance at the San Antonio River Walk which is quite beautiful but was not something we had the desire to 'do'.  My friends kept telling me that I should take Bev along the River Walk but neither of us were up for shopping. 

Dawn thought we might make Fort Stockton today, and we might have, but there were two accidents along I-10 and one was major.  These accidents delayed us quite a long time so we have stopped tonight in Sonora (364 miles/585 kms).

In 2008 Kees and I drove through Texas in one day.  It is 745 miles (1,200 kms) from Houston to El Paso which is on the border with New Mexico.  So far Bev has not seen the real dry west Texas, that will come tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! You're on the way! Just take wide detours around any pesky tornadoes/hurricanes, please! Looking forward to photos and blog posts and happy nostalgia for our 2008 voyage of discovery... Buon viaggio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrée,

    Only seeing whirly whirly's, thankfully. 'Tis hazy because of the fires. Oh, and when the dust came into the car .... allergies popped up. Things are changing for me.

    ReplyDelete