Tuesday, August 16, 2011

WALKING HOME

In a week I leave for Spain.  Am I ready?  Yes.

Having walked (west) into Santiago de Compostela, Spain many times it is now my time to walk home (east).  When I started researching the Camino de Santiago in 1999 I first learned of the returning pilgrim.  I have wanted to walk east since 1999.  Some folks walk home after their arrival in Santiago or Finisterre.  However, for many pilgrims there is a time constraint and they can only allow for the four to six weeks walking west.  This is my case.   In the future I would love to walk west the 800 kms (500 miles) to Santiago de Compostela (SdC) from Saint-Jean-de-Port (SJPP), France then turn around and walk east the 800 kms to SJPP - but this would take ten-twelve weeks for me.

I followed my pilgrim friends Sue Kenney and Sarah Hoskin Clymer on their return journeys and all the time I was wishing that I could be with them.

Uploading photographs along the Way is not always available (or easy) so here are photographs from a previous walk.

Starting in Praza del Obradorio, Santiago de Compostela, Spain

Hopefully I will finish in Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port, France

2 comments:

  1. Buen Camino, Luiza! Best wishes for a wonderful journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andrée.

    ReplyDelete