Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Albergue Ave Fenix

The pilgrims are not here in the morning so it is time to clean. First job .... cleaning the hospitalero bathroom then I helped clean the patios outside. The hospitalero/a volunteers have their own private area within the albergue.

 Alburgue Ave Fenix, VF del Bierzo

Speaking with Jesus this morning I confirmed that I can stay until the 27th of July then must start working my way back to Paris for the flight home.  I will not write much now as I am just letting you know that I am here and working.

Villafranca del Bierzo
 Villafranca del Bierzo

5 comments:

  1. Enjoy your first day of work my dear - certainly a different camino experience.

    Talk to you soon,
    Garry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:31 AM CDT

    Looking forward to hearing of your experiences as a volunteer. You have the opportunity to see the camino in an entirely different light! Wishing you happy days ahead. Love, Dawnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Garry, I am going to enjoy being here. First day has gone well so far but there is still dinner to serve.

    Thanks Dawnie, I did shock the BlackBerry and problem is solved. This will be a very different way of seeing pilgrims and the camino but I really think it will be more rewarding for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes add your energy for the pilgrims.... that will be so nice... I hope that the heat wave has stopped for you as well as it has for us here. We are back in Haarlem....will be seeing more and more of Amsterdam and Haarlem and then making our way back to Houston next week.... enjoy your stay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Katie,

    Once again I will not have time to check your Blog. The morning is spent cleaning the habitaciones thankfully the guys do the bathrooms. I have just twenty minutes before we open the doors, but more on Blog. This is an experience of a different kind :)

    Enjoy the rest of your stay in Europe, I am sure that you will.

    Love,
    Luiza

    ReplyDelete